So you have decided that it is time for you to go to driving school. Well congratulations on taking a big step. However there are several things you need to know before you go and learn about driving.
Make sure your driving instructor checks your eyesight. You need to be able to read a number plate at a minimum distance of 20.5 metres (67 feet).
Please wear suitable clothes and footwear. A split skirt that keeps sliding up your legs can bad for your heterosexual driving instructor’s blood pressure unless you are a male yourself in which case, it could be very distracting. Jeans or trousers and flat soled shoes are best.
Please do not drink before your driving lesson. Alcohol and other drugs can do major damage to your ability to drive and if you feel you need them then maybe you have serious anxiety problems that need sorting before you attempt driving .
Sourced from: http://www.methodrive.co.uk/before-you-start.html
It is important that you get trained from a driving school that is recognized and well reputed. This means that you will not only have a license with no questions raised if you pass the test. It also means that you will be competent enough to join other drivers on the road. You should not always focus on your budget but on the quality of driving lessons you will get.
1. Reputation of the school – An established and reputed driving school will always have a standardized approach to class driving students. Since they’ve been in the business for a while, they’ll have trained staff which can be an immense advantage for first time learners specially.
2. Course plan – Its important to get course plans from all the driving schools you’re considering within the vicinity of your home. This will help you determine how the lessons will be approached, how rules will be followed up with hands-on training and most importantly, how efficiently your precious time will be utilized.
Sourced from: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/factors-consider-when-choosing-driving-school-lovisa-alvin
There are certain steps to adhere to when applying for a new driver’s license. Most of beginner drivers are teenagers and there are certain requirements they must satisfy before they can show off their new ability to go on four wheels.
New Driver’s License for Teen Drivers
If you’re a teenager applying for your first driver’s license through your state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), Motor Vehicle Division (MVD), Department of Public Safety (DPS), Motor Vehicle Agency (MVA), Department of Revenue (DOR), or Secretary of State (SOS) office, you’ll need to satisfy your state’s teen driver requirements.
Whether your state has a graduated driver’s license ( GDL) program or not, you’ll likely be required to:
· Complete a Driver’s Ed program.
· Apply for a learner’s permit.
· Obtain a provisional license.
· Upgrade to your unrestricted driver’s license.
Each phase you’ll complete will help you gain the skills and knowledge necessary to pass the DMV written test and driving test required to get your unrestricted driver’s license.
Sourced from: http://www.dmv.org/teen-drivers.php